Shut Up and EAT

The modern birthday party equals a fun filled day consisting of Mandarin and the movies.
For anyone in my graduating class you know what I mean- we do it for every single birthday party. So when some brave soul brakes out of the ‘normal’ and says
“My birthday will be at Jack Astor’s”
We all cheer with joy and are excited.

I’ve been there before and have good experiences.
Meaning I was very excited to go again.
I even booked the day off of work.
Which is not like me.
Money is my BFF (Best friend FOREVER)

From my previous memories I remember fantastic food, a great environment, Christmas lights, comics and photos on the wall- very unique and what I remembered and was anticipating the most was the paper on table with the crayons to color with. Call me seven years old but when your bored waiting for food- coloring is a GREAT and I mean GREAT solution.

Back story- truly irrelevant but I feel the need to bring it up just to show how much I liked the restaurant before this interesting service. As I said before I missed work for it AND I wasn’t even talking to one half of the birthday girls definitely meaning I was there for the FOOD.

So we get there and PROBLEM-
“Your reservation is for 25 you need at least 75% to get the table.”
Oh great- we weren’t going to get our table.
Luckily enough of us ended up showing up.

I was all syked ready to color away and the walk us into the
“VIP PARTY ROOM”
More like the summer patio with the garage roof closed. We were in the MIDDLE of the parking lot. We could clearly see the cars. Let me remind you it was nighttime and not summer. So we were freezing and they wouldn’t turn on the heat. I got over that cause I can be ‘MATURE’. HOWEVER, the tables OUTSIDE were not covered in paper and I did not see crayons. Way to ruin my night JACK ASTORS!

THEN the waitress spilled a drink on someone.
Nice going IDIOT.
It wasn’t me- if it was it would have been a scene
Or, AT LEAST free food.

Plus the service started out VERY RUDE. We asked if we could move tables they ignored us. We asked for our drinks we waited an HOUR. But what can you do- It’s life.

Anywho we ordered and eventually the food came.
It was good I can’t lie.
Steak and potatoes
DELICIOUS

So the bill comes and once again they screw up charging people for things they did not order. Sheesh, people now a days can’t take simple orders and its there job too.
What is the restaurant world coming to?

Jack Astor’s Rating:
If you’re inside DEFINITLEY CEHCK IT OUT
If you’re in the VIP PARY AREA-
RUN.
& I’m not one to let one bad service permanently stop me from going there.
So I’ll most likely go again.

Overall rating on Jack Astor’s 8 Flip Flops out of 10
Overall rating on that one night 10 blotchy fake tans out 10
(PS that isn’t good )

No comments: